by NAACAM | Sep 11, 2018 | Latest News
Supporting Partnership Announcement: Invest Durban
The NAACAM Show team is pleased to announce that Invest Durban is a Supporting Partner for the NAACAM Show 2019.
Invest Durban (previously the Durban Investment Promotion Agency) is a unit of the eThekwini Municipality recommended by the Durban City Council and organised private business as the most appropriate vehicle to promote and facilitate new investment into the Durban metropolis.
Invest Durban’s primary objective is to accelerate sustainable investment in Durban for the benefit of all through the:
• Expansion, retention and aftercare of existing foreign corporate business within the Durban Metro;
• Proactive investment promotion and marketing of Durban Metro as a premium investment destination;
• Proactive connection to, and marketing of the City’s large investment projects, plus core strategies;
• Identification and development of new investment and business infrastructure opportunities for new Investors, whilst connecting-in and empowering the existing local business people;
• Attraction, support and facilitation for prospective new foreign investors into Durban;
• Improvement in the investment and economic development environments, in partnership with the National, Provincial, City and Business Authorities;
Invest Durban works closely with the Department of Trade and Industry including Invest SA, Trade and Investment KZN (TIKZN), the Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the KZN Growth Coalition, and State-Owned Enterprises such as Dube Trade Port, the DBSA, IDC, Eskom and others.
Invest Durban delivers a world-class Metro-based investor support service, encompassing investment marketing and promotion, plus investment facilitation and retention activities by:
• Following a focused investor relationship management, marketing and communication strategy, with a healthy focus on broad-based empowerment and local partnerships;
• Making available appropriate and specific city and nationally based economic and sector information, or opportunity studies;
• Facilitating the arrangement of appropriate meetings with, and solutions from the region’s businesses and public sectors at all levels;
• Leading site visits, and site evaluations of industrial and commercial premises, along with introductions to complimentary service providers, empowerment executives, financial organisations, and sector bodies;
• Advising on and accelerating all investment related regulatory processes towards speedy approvals, along with the required bulk infrastructure services connections and support.
For more information, please visit https://www.invest.durban/