by NAACAM | June 7, 2018 | Latest News
NAACAM Show 2019
Supporting Partnership Announcement: Copper Development Association Africa (CDA Africa)
The NAACAM Show 2019 Project Steering Committee is delighted to announce that the Copper Development Association Africa (CDA Africa) is a Supporting Partner for the NAACAM Show 2019.
The CDA Africa has represented the local copper industry in southern Africa since 1962, and, on behalf of its members, is committed to promoting and expanding the use of copper and copper alloys throughout Africa.
The CDA Africa hopes to form an African copper-based industry cluster which places emphasis on:
- Expansion and development of an outward-orientated growth industry through co-operation of relevant parties.
- Maximising economies of scale, wherever possible, through optimal utilisation of existing manufacturing facilities.
- Forward and backward integration in the total supply chain.
- Understanding and acknowledging market needs and trends both regionally and internationally and reacting in the shortest possible time-frame.
- Visible and focused representation for the local copper-based industry.
- Optimise downstream added value.
Its aims and objectives include:
- Ensuring that the priorities of the Association coincide with the priorities of its members.
- Creating synergy, wherever possible, i.e. assist members in issues where joint action will yield results greater than that of individual members.
- Conveying the message to decision-makers that “Copper is the correct choice” and, in so doing, assist members in achieving their economic goals.
- A commitment to increasing its membership to allow it to expand its activities into other developing economies in Africa.
CDA Africa has a strong focus on the building and electrical markets and this is reinforced by its close associations with the European Copper Institute (ECI) and the International Copper Association, Ltd (ICA).
For more information about CDA Africa, please visit https://www.copperalliance.org.za/